Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Soho Lychee Liqueur


Here's an e-mail I recieved on Tuesday:


Good afternoon,

This past Saturday evening I attended a wedding reception at your facility.

For the dance with the bride/groom you prepare a drink that was wonderful. So good that I inquired of the bar tending staff for the ingredients. I believe it was grapefruit juice and lychee liquor - but I'm not sure about the liquor part.

Would you please check it out and let me know?

I've told everyone about the reception and how wonderful it was and have raved about this drink.

Thank you,

Stan B

Vermilion, Ohio


Here's what I sent Stan:


Hi Stan,

I’m glad you enjoyed your time here at Bella Sera including the drink that I had prepared for their dance.

The drink in question is sometimes called a “Forbidden Fruit”.

It is Soho Lychee Liqueur. and grapefruit juice. I didn’t want to overpower the drink with ruby red grapefruit juice but the color might have worked better because lychee is a heart shaped red fruit. I really enjoy Soho lychee with blue agave silver tequila as well.

Once again, I’m very glad you had such a memorable experience with us and I hope to see you again soon.


I'm a very big fan of Soho Lychee Liqueur. When the bride and groom gave me total freedom to create any drink I wanted for their bridal dance I didn't want to go with something boring or played out.

No comments: